Website MICA Steelworks
Drafting Assistant will process standard drawings and other documentation. Make drawings revision and update project files. Build standard part library. Maintain production schedule. Print scan drawings and documents.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 to 3 years work experience.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or inventor.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- Certification or Associates degree in drafting preferred
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Strong detailing skill.
- Good inter-personal skills to work effectively and communicate at all levels.
- Knowledge of AISC standards.
- Basic Math and geometry.
- Print, distribute & email all approved and revised drawings to production
- Scan all checked prints
- Keep production schedule current
- Transfer drawings to shop personnel with correct travelers
- Document drafting meeting and keep drafting manual standards current
- Maintain standard parts library
- Assist in checking of standard drawings and parts
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of drafting principles, practices, methods and techniques
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work and maintain a positive work environment
- Understanding and ability to read blueprints, specs, structural and architectural drawings
- Mathematical skills
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
The position generally works in an office environment but is expected to become familiar with production operations and to independently visit company locations (3) within DFW as directed. We have a very positive / professional company culture that creates long-term employees.
Step 1: Download and Complete the Application
Step 2: Apply for the Job