Website MICA Steelworks
MICA Steelworks is a private company that is a fabricator of quality steel Power Delivery Structures for the electric utility industry. We are searching for Material Handler (Inventory) position.
The Material Handler (Inventory) is tasked with managing the inventory control system; maintaining product data; researching and advising team to correct inaccuracies; reviewing and analyzing the results of transactional operations; performing necessary adjustments, as directed by Inventory Management; and reporting findings to management for cycle counts, variances, and discrepancies, in addition to, making recommendations for process improvement, utilizing data provided from production to establish min/max and safety stock.
This position requires the following education and experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in Warehousing or Material Handling
- Minimum of 2+ years in inventory control
- Prior production and inventory control experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced mathematical and analytical skills required
The incumbent must be a well-organized and detail-oriented team player. This position requires flexibility and the ability to work efficiently and productively under time constraints in a fast-paced environment. In addition, this position must possess effective communication skills, both orally and in writing. Strong interpersonal skills are critical to be successful in this role. Additional qualification include:
- Knowledge of ERP systems (GSS a plus)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PPT, and Access
- Knowledge of Purchasing and Inventory Department’s policies, procedures, and practices
- Skills in usage of a Personal Computer
- Skills in problem solving and submission of recommendations to management
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and personnel, orally, in writing, and diagrammed form.
- Ability to make independent, discretionary decisions within allotted scope of authority
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload with changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork with minimal errors
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
- Adheres to Purchasing and Inventory Departmental policies, procedures, and processes
- Classifies and maintains records for large volumes of inventory, including but not limited to: compares identifying information and counts; weighs or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against transaction to detect and identify discrepancies and variances
- Leads, plans, coordinates, and investigates cycle counts and inventory activities
- Maintains department’s inventory database, including monitoring history of received and distributed materials, supplies and equipment
- Prepares routine reports, including inventory and cycle count reports
- Reviews and analyzes inventory transactions, to minimize variances and discrepancies and to improve inventory accuracy, through established controls and continuous improvement processes
- Assists with internal and external inventory audits and discrepancy reviews
- Partners with management, divisions, and peers to address inventory matters
- Participates in physical inventories and inventory reconciliation exercises
- Leads activities to improve and enhance inventory control processes and practices
- Independently arranges/organizes work efforts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Performs of other duties and projects, as assigned by immediate supervisor
- Work with data supplied for production and planning, to establish min/max and safety stock levels for various inventory and items
- Work directly under directives from Procurement, partnering with various departments, to identify critical parts, establish sustainable inventory levels and replenishment processes, to improve efficiency, productivity, reduce down time, and enhance deliverables
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Download and Complete the Application
Apply for the Job