Website MICA Steelworks, Inc.
Supports the Information Technology Department in the maintenance and implementation of computer networking and telecommunication systems. The IT Support Specialist will assist with the installation, configuration, support, and maintenance of both physical and virtual computer networks and workstations. The IT Support Specialist will assist in the support, maintenance, and deployment of various software suites. The IT Support Specialist will assist with the maintenance of employee e-mail, voicemail, and network accounts via the IT Help Desk.
- Associate degree in computer science or related discipline. Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis or combination of education, certification, and experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Prefer certification in courses for software, hardware, and networking.
- 2-3 years’ related work experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports company employees with the day-to-day operation of computer systems including hardware/software support, training, and special projects.
- Plans, designs, and implements training curriculum for staff.
- Assists in implementing special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, system installation, maintenance and problem solving.
- Assists with the maintenance of LAN and other system related documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs, cable plans and other related information.
- Assists in installing, configuring, and maintaining system hardware and software.
- Assists with establishing and maintaining user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security for network access, e-mail, and voicemail.
- Performs other Information Technology related duties as assigned by the Information Technology Director.
- Punctuality and regular attendance are essential functions of this position.
- May perform other assignments and handle special projects as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of general information technology (IT) policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of data processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems.
- Knowledge of PC and Server operating systems, and technologies in use.
- Knowledge of systems administration concepts.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, threats, vulnerabilities, and privacy principles.
- Knowledge of the type and frequency of routine hardware and software maintenance.
- Knowledge of Virtual Private Network (VPN) security.
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
- Skill in interfacing with customers.
- Skill in operating system administration.
- Skill in diagnosing connectivity problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks, planning and prioritizing.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and overtime, as needed.
- Ability to operate common network tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup)
- Ability to make CAT5 patch cables.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to provide good customer service.
- Ability to relate to all levels of the user community.
- Ability to implement and support systems in a complex environment.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical subjects.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to translate technical language to lay audiences.
- Ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, supervisors, and employees.
- Ability to be a team player that motivates and educates other team members.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a quick study and have technical zeal
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperation, coordination, understanding, trust, and credibility
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones. This position may have to walk-through the fabrication plant to review issues and repair computer equipment and/or network issues.
Minimal physical exertion. While performing the duties of this job, this position is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities are required by this job, which include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift equipment, bending, stooping, and or reaching, in addition to, squatting, kneeling, twisting, and occasionally lifting up to 25 lbs.
Download and Complete the Application
Apply for the Job