Website MICA Steelworks
Job purpose of Logistics Supervisor is to supervise processes and procedures in receiving and shipping department. Records time, date, quantity, source, and destination of materials received or shipped. Ensures that goods are verified against records of shipment. Oversees the inspection of goods received. Supervises the maintenance of records of damaged or defective items and discrepancies in quantities and weights. Responsible for the overall management of the shipping and receiving lead, clerks, and handlers, inside as well as outside yard.
- High School or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 Years’ Experience in Shipping/Receiving operations.
- 2-4 Years’ experience in Shipping/Receiving lead capacity.
- Good leadership skills and should be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to follow deadlines and work under pressure.
- Must have good communications skills
- GSS experience a plus
- Experience managing truckers and shipping is a plus
- Supervises employees engaged in verifying and keeping records on incoming and outgoing shipments and in preparing items for shipment.
- Oversees incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
- Calculates estimated costs associated with the shipping/delivery function and recommends appropriate alternatives.
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations including the review of daily driver’s log sheets, accident reporting and investigation, drug testing requirements, and transportation equipment maintenance.
- Maintains various files and records – both computerized and hard copy files.
- Provides initial and on-going training and evaluation to assigned delivery personnel related to job duties and performance expectations.
- Supervises employees who count, weigh, and identify items in receiving and shipping department.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel for repair.
- Coordinates with the Plant Manager, Plant Supervisors, Production Scheduler and other Plant personnel in order to attain delivery, cost and quality of service objectives.
- Ensures the cost effectiveness of the delivery function, including the control of labor utilization – preventing excess hours, downtime and overtime, and efficient usage of transportation related equipment.
- Studies shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, work assignments, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Fosters positive working relationships. Responds proactively to performance concerns, discipline, employee complaints and other employee relations matters.
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications for each customer.
- Analyzing Information
- Dealing with Complexity
- Time Management
- Process Improvement
- Safety Management
- Inventory Control
- Must be dependable, reliable and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly
- High degree of attention
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Offices in the Manufacturing Plant, 100% (in Shop)
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree and lifting up to 100 pounds
- During the course of work, the incumbent will be subject to seasonal weather conditions
- No travel is required for this position
- Employee must wear proper attire at all times (i.e., steel toe shoes, hard hat, etc.)
- This position is not eligible for relocation benefits
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Employer
- Exposure to shop hazards
Step 1: Download and Complete the Application
Step 2: Apply for the Job