Website MICA Steelworks
The Production Helper is responsible for assisting workers engaged in the fabrication of structural or metal products by performing several support duties and tasks.
LOCATION: Haltom City, TX
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required plus 3-6 months experience.
- Experience in working in a manufacturing plant or warehouse. Experience in steel industry and/or galvanizing is a plus
- Ability to be forklift and overhead crane certified and operate a forklift and overhead crane. May not operate either until certified
As a Production Helper, for the electric utility transmission, substation, and distribution industry, the ideal incumbent possesses the:
- Knowledge of electric and pneumatic hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate in English – both reading and writing
- Ability to maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work required overtime, as required
- Ability to following instructions and the Leadman’s directions
- Ability to maintain performance standards and meet production and quality expectations.
- Ability to lift, position, and remove workpieces from machines to assist in fitting and welding
- Ability to load, stack, and transport stock, tools, dies, and work in process by hand or truck
- Ability to cleans and scrape metal being prepared to and from the fabricating, welding, painting, or shipping areas; and, ability to clean work area, machines, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to picks up scraps from work areas; and, ability to load and unload trucks
- Ability to grind burrs from holes on various parts; and, ability to grind sharp corners from material
- Ability to assist fellow employees, as directed; and, ability to perform other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
- Maximum shop exposure
- Exposure to extreme temperatures
- No travel required
Minimal physical exertion. This position requires long hours of standing, squatting, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting, being near moving equipment, and exposure to change of temperature or humidity, including dust, fumes, or gases. Must be able to lift and push/pull up to 50 lbs.
Download and Complete the Application
Apply for the Job