Website MICA Steelworks
This Quality Assurance Quality Control Inspector position conducts tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate, and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests and are tasked with assisting in ensuring the highest degree of product quality is achieved via current manufacturing processes. This position will work with company-wide QA/QC team, Galvanize and fabrication crews to establish quality standards and procedures and identify quality improvement opportunities.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in the welding of heavy steel assemblies, preferably with a portion of that time spent in an inspection role.
- An in-depth ability to read and understand shop drawings, dimensional and weld symbols.
- Basic knowledge of ASIC and AWS national codes.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or other continuous improvement techniques desired.
- Maintain an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement, and an active contribution to the teamwork concepts.
- Possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, follow directions
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ensure customer orders and forms are completed accurately, detailed, stamped and have appropriate signatures prior to final review by quality control inspector.
- Conduct routine and non-routine analyses of in-process materials, raw materials, environmental samples, finished goods, or stability samples.
- Interpret test results, compare them to established specifications and control limits, and make recommendations on appropriateness of data for release.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products.
- Compile laboratory test data and perform appropriate analyses.
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents will be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
MEASURE OF PERFORMANCE
- Quality, accuracy, thoroughness, reliability of work performed.
- Quality problems closed out in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Inspection records and notebooks kept up to date and organized.
- Timeliness and adherence to inspection deadlines and schedules for meeting customer needs.
- Consistently reports to work on time and absenteeism held to a minimum.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing floor/shop Shipping/Galvanize and general office.
- Occasional travel by automobile may be required.
- During the course of work, the incumbent will be subject to seasonal weather conditions.
- Exposure to shop hazards.
- This position is not eligible for relocation benefits.
- We are proud to be and Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Employer.
- This position requires walking, sitting or standing to a significant degree and must be physically capable to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug-screening test.
Step 1: Download and Complete the Application
Step 2: Apply for the Job