Website MICA Steelworks, Inc.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine metal fabrication related duties in support of the parts production process. Working from drawings, route sheets, charts, blueprints and factory work orders incumbent will setup and operate all functions of assigned machines & equipment with minimum assistance. Incumbent will select the appropriate bits, wheels, machine speeds, punches and dye tolerances and feed rates. Will sets dyes, locating devices, stops, clamps, guides, and guards for the safe and efficient operation of the machines & equipment. Will adjust machine settings for various material thicknesses, temper, clamp placements and work order requirements.
High School Diploma or GED, plus one (1) to three (3) years fabrication machine operator experience or related field required. Blocking machine, angle drill, multi-head torch, rack punch, radial arm drill, and bed drill experience a plus.
- Requires a thorough understanding of shop practices and procedures.
- Requires a basic understanding of producing & inspecting precision components.
- Must be able to read and interpret average to complex blueprints, drawings, diagrams, tolerance information, route sheets, factory work orders, safety guidelines, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to use various precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, calipers, dial indicators, protractors, and tape measures to ensure components have been manufactured to tight tolerances.
- Must have knowledge of basic math and different dies
- Must have overhead and jib crane experience
- Ability to read tape measure and degree finder
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Responsible for inspecting own parts as well as those of others using tools such as tape measures, scales, calipers and possibly various computerized measuring devices.
- Must be able to read and complete production orders, QA and manufacturing documentation as required.
- Performs secondary operations, such as cleaning and debarring, to manufactured parts as required.
- Operates overhead hoists and forklifts to move material and necessary equipment to perform machine operations. Will arrange parts as needed for production and deliver raw stock, partially completed work, and completed jobs to appropriate storage or production areas.
- Records machinery operation variances from normal settings and results. Completes basic preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment. Performs visual safety checks for machine wear, damage to tooling and correct positioning of safety guards.
- Cleans area as required. Assists other machine operators as required.
- Incumbent is expected to follow all safety regulations, keep work area in a clean and orderly condition, and wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required for the assigned work area(s).
- Required to follow Corporate Safety guidelines and may participate in audits, incident investigations, etc. as needed.
- Inform Supervisor immediately of any malfunction.
- Visually inspect and check to make sure parts are within tolerance before bending.
- Maintain good attendance & punctuality.
- Follow shop foreman’s instructions.
- Overtime when requested.
1. Full time shop exposure.
2. Extreme temperatures. (Sometimes due to season).
3. No travel requirements.
4. Perform work standing up for 8-10 hours per day and up to 6 days a week.
5. Good vision, hearing, smell and balance.
6. Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
7. Ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel regularly as well as climb stairs and ladders.
<strong>Step 1:</strong> Download and Complete the Application
<strong>Step 2:</strong> Apply for the Job