MICA Steelworks has been galvanizing fabricated steel products in Kaufman, TX since 1972 providing its service at a nationwide level.
What We Offer:
- Competitive turnaround times.
- Competitive pricing.
- Availability of trucking.
- Have successfully galvanized material for the following markets:
- Bridge and Highway
MICA Steelworks operates a 42’L x 4’ W x 5’D galvanizing kettle
We galvanize to both ASTM A-123 and ASTM A-153 Standards
Hot-Dip Galvanizing Process:
- Degreasing – Steel is dipped in an alkaline solution to remove grease, oil and other similar substances.
- Pickling – The steel is dipped in a dilute acid solution to remove rust and mill scale.
- Fluxing – The process of dipping the treated steel in a bath of dual salts to create a protective coating against flash rusting prior to the zinc bath.
- Galvanizing – The steel is dipped into an approximate 840 F kettle of molten zinc to produce the zinc alloy protective layers.
Environment – Recycling of galvanized steel does not require any special environmental challenges that painted or coated steel finishes create. Galvanized steel is infinitely recyclable using green processes.